Our Middle School students – 6th, 7th, and 8th grade classes - are part of the larger community of Christ the King. Our accomplished graduates move on to their choice of high school, and then on to prestigious colleges around the country. Our middle school students build on the strong foundation started in preschool, and the primary and intermediate grades, and develop the skills and self-confidence to excel and mature through high school. We believe that our rigorous curriculum, from preschool through 8th grade, prepares our students academically, spiritually, morally, physically, and socially to be the leaders of tomorrow and to succeed in the future. We are proud of our proven track record of success. Our Approach
Our Middle School team emphasizes educating the whole child: our physical, intellectual, emotional, social, and spiritual selves are integrated into a whole, healthy human being, formed in the image and likeness of God. Our environment of caring and community help to nurture the middle school-aged student.
Our Middle School experience will prepare your student for success in high school and provide a solid foundation for a lifetime of successful learning. Catholic Faith Formation
This is a critical time in the life of a child. Adolescence brings many challenges, and society pulls our children in so many directions – many of them unhealthy. We believe that the influence of a Catholic education during this period is so important. The guidance and direction our middle school staff provides, in partnership with parents, is critical to the development of confident and responsible young men and women. Special Project/Field Trips
- Mandatory participation in 7th and 8th grade Archdiocesan Open Speech Meets
- Participation in the Archdiocesan Academic Decathlon
- Membership in National Junior Honor Society
- Leadership in Student Council
- 36 hours of community service required per year
- Renowned guest speakers in Religion and Literature
- Participation in the school Science Fair and Invention Convention
- Outdoor Education Retreat (3-4 day Fall retreat with focus on Religion, Science and Social Studies)
- Spring trip to Washington D.C.
- 8th grade Confirmation (including preparation, retreat, and the Sacrament of Confirmation)
- Middle school dances with other Archdiocesan schools